RSS

Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Steps of the Father

This post was originally posted on one of my previous blogs on August 20, 2006. I feel that it still very much applies to today and needed to post it again.

One night just last week, God gave me a vision of a group of people, mainly youth, running out of a small cabin out in the wilderness at a high rate of speed. I saw Jesus walking behind them. I wasn't sure what all this meant until God spoke to my heart and told me that there are those, especially youth and young adults who lead themselves, instead of allowing Jesus to lead them. They follow their own path, running aimlessly and think that they can do it on their own. They are out in the wilderness wandering and running towards nowhere. I am myself guilty of this as many of us are from Generation X. We tend to give into the cliche label that we are all lazy and don't have any work ethic, we lack a sense of direction and tend to lead ourselves to nowhereville in the wilderness.

But Jesus doesn't want us to be that way. We need to stop living up to the cliche and start living for God. We need stop running aimlessly to nowhere and have Him lead us and guide us and show us direction.

The Steps of the Father

Following a path
of destruction.
Surrounded by
the wilderness
of your own making.
Following your own way.
Lead by yourself.
Aimlessly plotting
a course unknown.

Walk in the Way.
Walk in the Truth.
Walk in the steps of the Father.
Step our of despair
and into His arms.
Walk in the steps of the Father.

Following your
own beliefs
Surrounded by
the comforts of home.
Following yourself
and your selfish ways.
Lead by yourself.
Aimlessly wandering
a course unknown.

Walk in the Way.
Walk in the Truth.
Walk in the steps of the Father.
Step out of despair
and into His arms.
Walk in the steps of the Father.
Let Him lead you.
Wander no more.
Walk in the steps of the Father.
Let Him take your hand.
He'll be your guide.
Walk in the steps of the Father.
The steps of the Father.
-CEC

To add to the original post: I will not be a cliche! I will not follow myself, but follow Jesus. And as I am writing, the old hymn "I have decided to follow Jesus" is running around in my head. This song just doesn't apply to non-believers when they first accept Jesus, but those of who have been Christian's for many years as well.

It's a daily thing of taking up your cross and following Him just like it says in Mark 8:34. Deny that apathetic selfishness in your heart. Deny everything about yourself and hand it over to Jesus. Stop living a cliche! Stop being Generation X and Generation Y! Be a generation after God's own heart. Stop running in the wilderness of your own making and come to civilization with Jesus. It's the best reality you could ever have! The highest high you could ever have! Freedom beyond belief! Peace that passes all understanding! ...that's only some of the idea...trust me!

Be a freedom fighter, and again, don't be a cliche! Walk in the Steps of the Father.

No comments:

You are visitor #