RSS

Sunday, June 22, 2008

My sister got married!

That's right everyone! Yesterday my baby sister (okay, so she's 27), got married! I couldn't be happier. In fact, I'm getting teary eyed right now... She and her husband make to most amazing couple. He fit into the family right away when we first met him. It was like we had known him forever.

When we first met Ryan he brought us pan of brownies that he had made himself. Bonus points, or brownie points in this case. He was also polite and even offered to do the dishes after dinner! It wasn't a forced thing either, he was being a genuine gentleman. We knew right then and there that Sarah was smitten with this guy! That and the fact that she wanted us to meet him in the first place. Something she had never done with other guys she has dated.

I think it was my dad who knew first that these two were meant to be together. Then when my mum and I met him, we also knew.

We were so pleased to know that Ryan was a strong Christian man who loves Jesus with all his heart, mind, soul, and spirit. I know that he encourages and uplifts Sarah in her daily walk with Jesus because I have seen the change in my sister since she has met him. There is a side to my sister that I haven't seen when she is with Ryan. The love in both of their eyes is so cool!

I ceremony went so smoothly! The flower girl tripped near the end of the aisle which just added to the sweetness of the day. She was so cute in her puffy white dress and curly blonde hair. Brought back memories of when I was a flower girl when I was three. Of course, I ran down the aisle holding my cousin Ben's hand with my tongue hanging out. Don't ask... I even said in a really loud voice when my aunt was coming down the aisle "Who's that lady in the the white dress?!" Oh, boy! I was a monkey!

Back to my sister. At one point, I could see Ryan tearing up during the vows. Then when my sister was saying her vows, she started to get choked up. Which more than likely got my mum choked up as well. I know I was. And then when the pastor said "I now pronounce you man and wife", I got butterflies in my stomach with the thought that now my sister is married woman!

The dress she wore was a dream. I beautiful long train, beads, and a lovely corset at the back. Her makeup was so beautiful and it made her blue eyes really shine. The grin on Ryan's face when he first saw Sarah down the aisle didn't stop the whole rest of the day. He's smiley to begin with, but this was a new reason to smile even bigger. I wonder if his cheeks hurt!

The reception went well, with amazing food and stories to tell. Some I won't repeat in this forum! It was a wonderful day despite and inspite the torrential down pour outside. Friends and family alike, we all enjoyed ourselves, had pleasant conversations, shared a few laughs, and saw a side of Sarah and Ryan some of us have never seen! The crazy side!

Of course, we all wish Sarah and Ryan all the best in the world, no matter which part of it they may be in. Have a long and happy marriage as you continue to grow in Christ and in each other.

Cori-Beth

BTW, I left my running shoes at their house when I stayed over Friday night...

No comments:

You are visitor #