RSS

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Paint Pallets and Bursts of Creativity

Every so often I get a burst of creativity in the painting realm. I don't know why God gives me these bursts, He just does! I'm not a painter, and the only thing I have been "trained" in as far as painting goes is what I learned in elementary school with power acrylics. I wasn't able to take art in high school do to my allergies to the power acrylics. Elementary school, well, you have no choice to stay away from the paint. Let's just say "ACHOO!"

Most of the paintings I do are abstract that nobody gets except me. Some are "normal". I paint in many mediums including oils, acrylic (the liquid kind!), watercolours (my preferred medium), as well as drawing in pencil, sepia pencils, pencil crayons, and pastels.

I think I get my love of art from my grandmother, my dad's mum. She is an amazing painter! We have several of her works displayed in our home and I'm sure they will be passed down for generations. I'll share more about them later.

Well, here are just four of the pieces that I have done. There's just too many to share right now! More later... The order that they appear is "California Dogface" (oil), "Emblazon" (watercolour), "Liberation" (watercolour), and "Noontide" (watercolour). The reason for the titles - 1st because, of course, it's a California Dogface butterfly, 2nd- Emblazon can mean many colours bursting, 3rd- I thought this kind of looked like a hand (Christ's perhaps) reaching out to liberate someone, 4th- Noontide means sunset or sunrise and I thought this looked like just that. Well, enjoy!


















No comments:

You are visitor #